Sunday, November 24, 2013

THE FOREST FAIRIES, Part 5

Rapunzel on her journey home

The Forest Fairies arrived early the next morning to rescue Rapunzel.  They stood by while she cut off her braid and nailed it to the windowsill.

"Your hair is still very beautiful," said Arabella softly. 

Rapunzel nodded and wiped away a tear.  The sisters hovered near her while Rapunzel climbed down her braid and then jumped lightly to the ground.

"I'm free," she said.  "I can go home at last and see my parents.  Lead the way, my friends, and I will gladly follow."

The journey home was long and exhausting, but at last the fairies glimpsed Rapunzel's cottage through the trees.



"There is your true home, Rapunzel.  Go, your parents are waiting for you," said Annalisa.

"Thank you, thank you; I will never forget what you have done for my parents and me.  We are friends forever!"

And Rapunzel ran up the path; the door flew open and she ran into her mother's arms while her father embraced them both. The sisters watched the joyful reunion and congratulated themselves that for once their efforts to help had not produced disaster.

"We should be home just in time for dinner," said Annalisa.

"Let us hope that Father is still awake," said Arabella and away they flew to their fairy home.


That evening when the old witch arrived at the dark tower, she saw that Rapunzel's hair had already been thrown down for her.  Eagerly, she climbed the long braid, not realizing that the tower was cold and empty and Rapunzel was long gone.




1 comment:

  1. Where is that peaked cottage in the woods? I want to live there someday . .

    ReplyDelete

This new blogger welcomes comments and thanks you in advance.