Thursday, March 13, 2014

ANNIE, THE LITTLE MATCH GIRL IS SAVED!

Annie and the fairy sisters sat at the feet of Enchantress, the Queen of the Snow Fairies, while she spun a fascinating tale of how she and her followers would bring food and fresh milk to Annie's door every single day.  And during the long winters firewood would magically appear as well.  Never again would Annie lack for clothes and shoes as Enchantress would ask her own personal seamstress to meet with the child and together they would design her new wardrobe.  The little girl's eyes grew huge when she heard this as she had not had a new dress since her dear grandmother had gone to Heaven.  And she had never had a warm coat until the sisters had worked their magic.

"What about my grandfather?  He is always cold because his clothes are falling apart,"said Annie, hesitantly.  "Could you please bring him some warm clothes too, your Majesty?"

Enchantress smiled at the little girl and touched her face.  "Of course, I will."

Encouraged, Annie asked what was on her heart.  "Grandpa has been so sad since Grandma died.  He barely speaks to me; he just sits by the cold fireplace all day.  Can your magic make him smile again?  I am so worried I...."    Annie began to cry.

"And you are sad as well," said Enchantress, who beckoned her nieces.   The three fairies joined their small hands and encircled Annie who felt their warm affection and was comforted.

"I will visit your grandfather and try to help him, but he will not see me.  You and I will speak often and you can tell me how he is doing.  Shall we do that?"  Annie gulped and then nodded.  "Good!  Now let us help Arabella and Annalisa see what my wicked cousin, the Snow Queen, is up to."

Enchantress waved her wand back and forth and a picture began to appear before them.


Insidious, the Snow Queen and Kay
"It's the Snow Queen and that must be Kay," cried Arabella.  "And they are not far from the Snow Palace!  Can you bring forth a picture of Gerda?"

"I will try, but my evil cousin Insidious will sense that I have seen her and will try to block my visions.  She was always so mean--even when we were children!  Whenever I had a cup of hot cocoa, she would turn it to ice to spite me!"  Enchantress waved her wand frantically and at last a faint picture of Gerda appeared, but they could not tell where she was!


"Insidious IS mean." said Annalisa, solemnly.  "I should like to slap her."

"Your hand might turn to ice," observed Annie quietly.

"Girls, be patient.  I think I am getting the background so we will know where she is."

"Good heavens!" cried Arabella.  "She's near the Snow Palace."

"Annalisa, Arabella, I will send you immediately to the Snow Palace.  Gerda cannot face the Snow Queen alone!  I shall take Annie home.  Say your goodbyes for now; you shall meet again soon, I promise."


The fairy sisters kissed
Annie goodbye and in a
flash they were gone.
Enchantress and Annie were alone in the snow.
Slowly, they began the walk home.

Annalisa and Arabella were suddenly in 
Lapland near the Snow Palace.  Gerda  
stood not far away and in the distance they all could see the icy sleigh racing toward them carrying Kay in thrall to the Snow Queen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This new blogger welcomes comments and thanks you in advance.