Thursday, July 17, 2014

TRAPPED IN THE HOUSE OF CANDY!

THE FAIRY KING
Evilyn laughed merrily as she studied young Hansel and Gretel and then turned her gaze to her sniveling great nieces who had tried to work their pitiful spells and failed miserably to free the children or themselves.  Princesses of the Enchanted Forest indeed--they were pathetic!  She would eat them all, but first she must fatten up the human children who were skin and bones.

"Hansel, Gretel, have another pancake my dears.  Here are some with plump, juicy blueberries.  Delicious!"

"Don't eat anything!  She only wants to fatten you up," cried
Arabella, who was feeling quite ill just thinking about their fate.

"I shall not eat another thing!" said Hansel bravely.

"Speak for yourself, Brother.  I am still quite hungry," said Gretel, helping herself to several pancakes.  "And pass the maple syrup, please."

Instantly, Annalisa was by her side trying to grab the plate from greedy Gretel.  "You can't eat!  Do you WANT to be eaten by this evil, horrid witch?"  Gretel bit the fairy's hand and Annalisa screamed.  "What is wrong with you?  We are trying to come to your rescue, you wicked little girl!"

"And doing a very poor job of it, I must say," said the Fairy King who had suddenly appeared in the middle of the room.

"Papa, Papa!" said the twins and immediately flew to his side.

"Well," said Evilyn, drawing herself up to her full height, "I suppose you are the unfortunate man who married my headstrong niece.  How regretful you must be."

"On the contrary, Evilyn, she has made me extraordinarily happy.  My queen is brilliant and beautiful and she gave me my two lovely daughters, Arabella and Annalisa.  Sadly, we all must say goodbye to your abundant hospitality.  I shall take these children home and then my daughters and I shall fly home to have a delicious dinner with the Queen.

"Do you actually think your magic is greater than mine?" said Evilyn, spitting out her words.

"Yes," said the King.  "I do."  He raised his hand carelessly and the house of candy collapsed around them and the iron bars disintegrated.  Even the monstrous oven had broken apart in a thousand pieces.  "You shall never roast the innocent again."

Evilyn began to sob as if her heart had broken as indeed it had.

"Come, Children, we must be off to Hansel and Gretel's house and it is a lovely day for a journey through our forest."  And the King strode into the woods with the children.

Arabella and Annalisa smiled in happy confusion.  What in the world had happened to Papa?  And had Mama noticed?

THE ENCHANTED FOREST

No comments:

Post a Comment

This new blogger welcomes comments and thanks you in advance.