Tuesday, August 19, 2014

AN ADDITION TO THE FOREST FAIRY FAMILY- Part II


"And that, Girls, is how babies are made. Do you have any questions?" the Queen said, hoping they did not.

The twins looked at one another in utter disbelief.  Had their mother gone mad?  Surely nothing Mother had described had ever actually happened.  It all seemed...well...
awkward and rather uncomfortable.

Arabella stared at her father and said, "Papa, is any of what Mother said true?"

"Yes, my dear child, all true," said Father, looking dreadfully embarrassed.  "You have to remember that when people are in love..."

"It doesn't sound at all romantic," said Annalisa, doubtfully.

"Oh, no!" cried Arabella.  "Are you telling us that Aurora, the sleeping beauty and the Prince did...."

"Well, if they have a baby, I would imagine that they did!" said Father with a hearty laugh that was surely fake.

Mother decided to step in and stop this discussion before it slid into even more dangerous territory.  "I really think that I need to think about cooking dinner. Are you hungry, my love?" said she, smiling, to her beloved.  "I made a lark pie this morning and all I have to do now is--"

Two screams of horror rent the evening air.  The sisters were staring at their parents as if they had finally realized a shocking truth.
Not only had Cinderella and Prince Charming engaged in these embarrassing behaviors, but their very own parents must have....

"Are you telling us that you..."

"Is it possible that you and Father..."

The Queen smiled at her daughters.  "Yes.  Your father and I love each other very much and we are thrilled to be giving you girls a baby brother or sister. My darling, come and help me with dinner.  You can pour the wine."

After their parents went inside the house, the girls sat quietly as they slowly accepted
what they had heard on this memorable day.

"Well, it can't be that dreadful or no one would ever do it, I suppose," said Arabella.

"They only have to do it the one time," murmured Annalisa.

"Yes, that's true," said Arabella. "And maybe it's not so bad.  And babies ARE very sweet."

"But how does the baby get out of Mother?"

"Well, I suppose Mother says some magic words and the baby just pops out."

"Oh, well, that makes sense," said Annalisa.
"Tomorrow we should fly over to the next kingdom and visit Snow White.  And meet her beauteous stepmother!"

"Good idea," agreed Arabella.  "And I want to look into that magic mirror and see who is the fairest fairy in the land.  Could it be me?"

"Oh, no, my dear.  It will be me for sure!" said Annalisa.

Hand in hand, the fairy twins skipped down the garden path.  It would be a while until dinner.

TO BE CONTINUED



No comments:

Post a Comment

This new blogger welcomes comments and thanks you in advance.