Saturday, August 30, 2014

SNOW WHITE AND HER NARCISSISTIC STEPMOTHER

The next day dawned bright and clear and the fairy twins decided to leave the enchanted forest for a day and journey into the human world--always an adventure--and see how Snow White was doing.  They felt sure that their lovesick parents would be mooning around all day and would hardly notice they were gone.  It was too, too tiresome.

"Now remember, Annalisa, fairy time is different from human time.  Snow White may be much older than when we saw her last."

"Snow White is a really silly name, don't you agree, Arabella?  So she has very white skin.  Well, la ti da; it's no whiter than ours."

"I'm surprised they didn't name her Coal Black for her dark hair," said Arabella,tossing her own lustrous curls.  "Oh, my goodness, speak of the devil!  Isn't that Snow White herself?"


"Well, it certainly is!  I didn't realize we'd crossed over into the human part of the forest.  You would think they would give the poor child a new dress.  They must have let the hem down and let out the seams."

"At the very least," said Arabella.  "Snow White has developed breasts!"

"So she has," murmured Annalisa.  "I wonder if we ever will.  There's no sign of them at present.  I've checked.  Flat as a pancake."

"Of course we will," said Arabella emphatically.  "Mother has them. Let's fly over and stop that horrendous singing.  Good grief, I've never heard such a high voice in my life. She could shatter glass."

The fairy sisters flew over and kissed the girl on her snow white cheeks.

"Oh, my fairy friends! I am so happy to see you again at last!" cried Snow White. "I had hoped you would come.  I have been so lonely."

"We've missed you too, Snow," said Annalisa, kindly. "We wondered how things were at home."

Snow White burst into tears.  "Oh, they could not be any worse, dear friends.  My new stepmother doesn't like me at all.  And when Father isn't around, she says cruel things to me.  She says I'm too pretty!  She wants to always be the fairest in the land!"


"Perhaps you could go to school in a far away land," suggested Annalisa

"Or you could marry a handsome prince and live in his kingdom!" cried Arabella, who was a romantic and hoped for this fate herself.

"Those are both wonderful ideas!  I shall talk to my father the King when he comes home in a few days. Thank you my friends! said Snow.

Little did the friends know that the Queen had a plan of her own for her lovely stepdaughter and it would be carried out that very night.

                  TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment

This new blogger welcomes comments and thanks you in advance.