Wednesday, August 28, 2013

CONFESSIONS OF A BOOKAHOLIC - Part I

I Only Love Books - My original collage




 

The best thing my father ever did for me (although he didn't know it at the time) was to buy a complete set of classic books on the day I was born.  How he paid for it I cannot imagine, but the books saved me and gave me a view of the world.  Tom Sawyer, Jane Eyre, Green Mansions, David Copperfield, Huckleberry Finn, She (who remembers H. Rider Haggard?  Aha, no one!) and at least fifty others.  I eventually read them all before I was ten although Wuthering  Heights was a tough read.  I had no idea what was going on between Cathy and Heathcliff, but my girlish heart knew it was pretty intense. Wherever we moved, that set of classics went with us and had a place of honor in the living room. Although my father never read any of them, he was proud of those books.  And I loved them all; I was addicted to books.





No comments:

Post a Comment

This new blogger welcomes comments and thanks you in advance.