Friday, August 23, 2013

THE GREENEST THUMB IN THE UNIVERSE

Our house

Every other house in the neighborhood













Before my father dragged my mother to Florida, she had never been out of New York City.  She knew nothing about gardening, had never even thought about it.  But someone gave her a cutting and she stuck it in the ground.  And it grew.  And grew.  The Greenest Thumb in the Universe was born.  Mom knew nothing about fertilizers or pesticides; she just knew she liked to grow things.  Everything she put in the ground grew like Jack's beanstalk and every home we ever lived in soon looked like the house above.  She had created beauty and I loved it.  Gardening is my refuge to this day although I have never enjoyed my Mom's success.  I find peace and happiness among the flowers.

I Go Into the Garden - My original collage
                                           




1 comment:


  1. Annakay Judson Hines 8:27am Aug 24
    Hi Linda. I've tried twice to comment on your blog. I must be doing something wrong. Anyway, this is what I said. "This is so fun, Linda. Good for you for jumping in and getting this started. I fly in my dreams sometimes, too. I've been told that when you fly in your dreams you are being carried by the Holy Spirit!"

    ReplyDelete

This new blogger welcomes comments and thanks you in advance.