Monday, September 16, 2013

MY PARENTS APPARENTLY HAD SEX

Really?

They did what?

When I was eleven, my mother announced she was pregnant!

             



How could this have happened? Goodness knows, I had seen Binky get married many times and I had a vague idea that something similar occurred with humans. But when I tried to picture this with people, it seemed silly and rather uncomfortable.  Why in the world would my parents want to do such a thing?  They already had three children!  And my parents seemed quite surprised that another baby was on the way.  Could people do this strange thing without realizing it?  I knew they slept in the same bed so maybe one of them kind of fell into the other while asleep.  This situation was certainly perplexing.

But as the months wore on I tried not to think about the actual making of the baby, but instead focused on how lovely it would be to have a baby in the house.  My mother grew larger.  Much larger.  Baby clothes were bought.  A good friend gave us her crib because she already had five kids and she would never, ever have another.  Ever.  Finally, the ninth month was upon us.  I was in the seventh grade and had just played a Chinese girl named Heart's Delight in a play called Fun and the Feast of the Lanterns.  However, this exciting event receded into the background when the due date approached.  At last, Dad took Mom to the hospital and a darling baby boy was born whom they named James Russell.  When baby Jimmy came home, I instantly adored him. Ricky and Billy were disappointed to see that the baby was too little to play with them and their interest waned considerably. But I remained besotted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This new blogger welcomes comments and thanks you in advance.